Wednesday, July 20, 2011
School's Out for EVER!
Yesterday, I completed my degree! I took my last final exam, and I walked out of there a respiratory therapist! Now, I just have to wait for my state board exams, and then I'll be an RRT (registered resp. ther.) and I can work. I am excited about this new chapter in my life opening up, but I can't help but feel bittersweet about the whole thing. I remember getting my acceptance letter in the mail, and calling my husband and hearing his voice and thinking how glad I was that I could make him proud of me. I remember with each semester that passed, feeling like I had accomplished yet another goal towards our new life together. Now that it's over, he doesn't care. I feel like DaVinci would feel if Mona Lisa said "Eh, whatever" when he turned the painting around for her approval. Not that my weenie little degree is anything like DaVinci's Mona Lisa, but you see what I'm saying. I know that my family is proud of me, and I know that my friends are excited for me, and I'm thankful for their love and support. I just wish he still cared. That's all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
YAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!! Love to hear this news- congrats on the hard work!!
ReplyDelete